Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dumplings

Today was a soup day! So I threw some chicken broth, carrots, chicken, and corn in a pot...all it needed were dumplings!! So i headed on over to pinterest and this is what i found!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/dumplings/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=dumplings&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon margarine
1/2 cup milk

Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in medium size bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk to make a soft dough.
Drop by spoonfuls into boiling stew. Cover and simmer 15 minutes without lifting lid. Serve.
To make parsley dumplings, add 1 tablespoon parsley flakes to the dry ingredients



When I asked my husband how they were, his reply was, "party in my tummy, yummy yummy" Haha i love him! I was a little nervous putting sugar in them, but i did it anyway. They were good! I am pretty sure i grew up with a different recipe though....maybe one with egg in it. While this one was good....not what i was hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment