Monday, August 20, 2012

Garlic Parmesan Edamame

So this is the last one i have for now, ill try to do some more soon!! If you have one you'd like me to try (please no super crazy hard ones...or ones with weird ingredients) let me know. post it here, tag me on your pin, or put it on my facebook.....let me note im attempting to be kinda healthy...but i can still make some stuff that isn't as healthy...

I have been on a sushi kick since being pregnant....really i just like the cucumber avocado roll :) heaven!!! since going to sushi so often...we have what we call sushi tuesday at work (can wait for that to start up again) and i decided to try edamame during this time ha. i quite like it so i was happy to see this recipe

http://28cooks.blogspot.com/2008/10/garlic-parmesan-edamame-so-other-night.html

1 (16 oz) pkg frozen edamame in shell
1/2 c extra-virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
salt to taste

Steam edamame in microwave until slightly warm and not frozen. (You can do this one of 2 ways - I have a microwave steamer that I use, or even easier is throwing the edamame in a ziploc bag with about a tbsp of water, sealing it, leaving a small opening for steam, and heating it on high for 2 minutes) Drain and set aside.

In a small food processor, combine olive oil and garlic. Process until well-combined. Heat a wok over medium high heat. Add edamame and toss for a few seconds. Add garlic oil and saute for a minute or two, stirring constantly. Add breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and salt and toss until well coated. Serve immediately.



So my first mistake...i used a 10 oz bag....glad i can read eh? i didn't rea;ize this until i was done and had so much extra stuff. Other than that i really enjoyed this! so did my husband and sister :) Keeper list!

No comments:

Post a Comment