Thursday, October 10, 2013

Julia's Banana Bread

I had some banana's that were just right for banana bread. I have a recipe I usually use but had pinned one recently so I thought I would give it a try. I love banana bread!!! I was excited for it :)

http://cannella-vita.blogspot.com/2013/03/julias-banana-bread.html

Ingredients

Nonstick vegetable oil spray
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
3/4 cup vegetable oil


Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs, sugar, bananas, and oil in a large bowl until smooth. Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and stir just until combined. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top.

Bake until a tester inserted into the center of bread comes out clean, 60-70 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let bread cool in pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around inside of pan to release the bread. Turn out onto rack and let cool completely.



When making this...my pregnant brain happened. I was measuring the flour and meant to grab the 1 cup and the half cup...I was doubling the recipe..I realized after I had started mixing it in that I had grabbed the 3/4 cup and the 2/3 cup instead. Being pregnant the last thing I wanted to do was math...so I added another 2/3 cup and called it good. The bread was good as far as banana bread goes. My husband didn't think there was anything wrong with it. Then I told him what I had done and he laughed. It wasn't a bad recipe, but I like my usual one better. I will have to do it one day and post it on here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment