Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Oven cooked bacon

I saw this and thought to myself....really? In the oven? Thats possible? It just so happened that i needed to be cooking 3 lbs of bacon that day for a YUMMY Broccoli salad ( i will post it next time i make it) So I figured why the heck not?

http://www.thedailymeal.com/oven-baked-bacon

INGREDIENTS

6 strips bacon
DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lay the bacon strips on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes, depending on your desired level of crispiness, turning over once halfway.

Remove from the oven and lay on a paper-towel lined plate to drain any excess oil.



I did do a little more than 6 strips, more like as much as i could fit on my cookie sheet :D I cooked it for 9 minutes on each side. It was perfect! Best part? I got to do other things in the kitchen and did not get splashed by super hot grease! I will for sure be doing this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment