Friday, August 2, 2013

Fried Eggplant

This year when planting out garden I told my husband we needed to try something new. So we picked egg plant. Well this week we have had a LOT of eggplant ready. So I figured I'd better find a way to cook it. I had fried eggplant once....so I searched pinterest for a recipe.

Here is the recipe. http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/112883179/fried-eggplant/

Ingredients
1 medium eggplant
3 eggs, beaten
pepper
3 TB grated cheese
garlic powder
Italian bread crumbs


Directions

peel skin off of eggplant; cut to thin slices; set aside. In bowl mix; eggs, garlic, pepper and cheese until well blended. On large plate add breads. Dip eggplant slices into egg mixture then into bread crumbs. In large skillet heat oil; once oil is hot fry eggplant until browned on both sides; add oil as needed


** FREEZE: cook breaded eggplant slices until golden crisp on each side. Place on baking sheet and put in freezer for 2 hours so each individual slice freezes; place in freezer zip bag. Can freeze up to 3 months



Well, I didn't mind it. Thought it was alright, the friedness of it....this baby didn't like. My Husband, father in law, and brother in law all dipped it in spaghetti sauce and thought it was pretty good. My mother in law enjoyed it. I made two people in the family try it without knowing what it was, one said it was not terrible. The other spit it out. So it is always fun to try something new! If you have had eggplant before then i would say to try this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment