Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Avocado, Mozzarella and Tomato Grilled Cheese

I have decided to start a dinner menu. I haven't done dinner much since the baby was born, so I thought this would help. So I started with this yummy looking sandwich! The pin I found said it would be yummy to add bacon, so we did.


http://www.navywifecook.com/2013/08/avocado-mozzarella-and-tomato-grilled.html


'Avocado, Mozzarella and Tomato Grilled Cheese'
Source: Adapted from Pinterest, but the pin led to no link...just a photo

Ingredients

Bread of choice
1 avocado, sliced
2 pieces of Mozzarella cheese slices
1 tomato, sliced
olive oil
salt
butter

Top Rated Olive Oil
Amazon.com
$26.18
Powered by Swoop

Directions

1. Heat a skillet over medium heat.

2. Butter one side of 2 slices of whatever bread you're using. Place one slice butter side down in the pan.

3. Top with sliced avocado, mozzarella cheese slices and a couple slices of tomato. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Top with remaining piece of bread, butter side up.

4. Cook until bread it golden brown (2-3 minutes), then flip and brown the other side. Serve.




I thought they were good! I would add a little garlic salt or something. My husband told me it isn't a 'dinner' food. He told me it was a girly sandwich that you could get from Zupa's. Well I love Zupa's!! haha He did like it, he would add some turkey he said. I think I will make them again with some little changes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment