Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Busy Day Lasagna Toss

I am a fan of lasagna, but hate the time it takes. So I wanted to try this one out :)

Here is the link

Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef
1 C. green pepper, chopped
1/2 C. onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
26 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
1 2/3 C. water
1/4 C. Italian salad dressing (prepared not dry)
1/4 C. brown sugar (I used 1 Tbsp. and it was plenty sweet)
12 no boil lasagna noodles, uncooked (or use regular noodles and just break them up, then cook them in a pot of water and add to the beef mixture)
1/2 C. ricotta or cottage cheese
1 C. shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions
Brown beef in a large deep skillet over medium heat; drain.
Add pepper, onion, and garlic; saute until tender.
Stir in sauce, water, salad dressing and brown sugar. If using regular noodles, leave out the water.
Bring to a boil.
Break each noodle into 4 pieces; stir into mixture.
Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook, stirring occasionally until noodles are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Stir in ricotta or cottage cheese.
Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; cover.
Let stand for about 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Serves 6.




From getting the hamburger out of the freezer to sitting down and eating was under an hour! How great is that? This meal was also great! I loved it! I only did the TBS of brown sugar, and my green pepper was an anaheim. Next time I plan to try regular noodles and boil them while I brown the hamburger. I can't wait to make this afain! My hubbie says it's as good, if not better then lasagna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment